Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1846 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Centura Health
Centennial, ColoradoNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Round Rock, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Remote, WashingtonNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Montebello, New YorkNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
VirginiaNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Burbank, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2300658Population/Public Health Manager-2300658
Job: Professional and Managerial
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Organization: Ctr for Hlth Svcs Research 104204Shift: First ShiftDescription
Population/Public Health Manager
This position is based in the Institute for Medicine and Public Health (IMPH) which exists to connect research and teaching with policy and practical solutions. The Institute is charged with re-imagining and amplifying collaborations across the institution and reaches across the state, nation, and the global community to translate knowledge into better health.
This position will be responsible for network navigation and project management within the STAR Clinical Research Network (CRN) to support population and public health research projects. It will support the network by facilitating and executing a wide variety of complex projects and initiatives. The position will report directly to the Senior Population/Public Health Manager (Associate Director of Operations of the STAR CRN).
The Vanderbilt Center for Health Services Research is a critical component for the Institute for Medicine and Public Health (IMPH) and engages with more than 160 scientists and other professionals across VUMC to conduct research and discover, implement, and disseminate workable solutions for modern-day problems in health care delivery, health care quality, and patient-center outcomes. For additional information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/hsr/center-health-services-research.
This is a full-time non-exempt position; M-F; 40 hours per week.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides regulatory support including IRB submission, amendments, and key study personnel updates, as well as administrative oversight for projects utilizing STAR CRN project management support.
- Organizes and runs regular multi-site study meetings, often interacting with high level investigators.
- Creates and maintains REDCap databases and surveys when required at the project level.
- Maintains data management of site study data including recruitment, enrollment, and study-level data elements.
- Medical chart reviews and recruitment analysis for patient level-data, regular reporting of recruitment activities using quantitative and qualitative methods.
This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed, and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.Basic Qualifications
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of relevant experience.
Master's training in Public Health, Behavioral Sciences, Epidemiology, Economics or a related field is preferred.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Project management experience
- Experience in health care settings and scientific research
- Experience in multi-site clinical trials
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to lead individuals and teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional work style with high level of problem-solving skills
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
About Vanderbilt HealthVanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18286256/population-public-health-managerLoading. Please wait.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.