Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1453 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaCHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Burleson, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Tyler, TexasNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Tacoma, WashingtonNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, New YorkNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Nemours
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Mansfield, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobEmergency Medical Technician Cadet - Duke Life Flight, Durham, NCDuke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 229219
Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Emergency Medical Techinician Cadet - Duke Life Flight
The EMT Trainee reports to the Clinical Operations Supervisor.
- The EMT Cadet will be placed into our four-month EMT Academy. The trainee's time will be a combination of classroom instruction, clinical and ambulance ride time while they orient to the program's daily operations. Upon completion, the cadet will be eligible to test for the North Carolina EMT certification. After successfully completing the EMT coursework, state exam and Life Flight orientation, the cadet will be eligible to move into an EMT position
- High school or equivalent
- Must have the ability to obtain North Carolina EMT credential.
- BLS required upon completion of EMT course.
- Current Class C driver's license or state's equivalent
- Current three (3) year driving history absent of violations.
- EVD required upon completion of EMT course.
- Excellent health as documented on a post offer placement health review.
No physical disabilities that cannot be accommodated.
Vision must be 20/40 corrected
- Physically fit to allow for functional movement in an ambulance.
- Willingness to commit a minimum of two years to the Life Flight Critical Care Transport Program.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
WORK RESPONSIBILITES (but not limited to):
- Complete vehicle inspection and documentation each shift
- Complete a road test of assigned ambulance(s) at the start of each shift.
- Will drive Life Flight ambulances on all trips while no patient is onboard.
- Responsible for minor repairs to the unit to include but not limited to: changing light bulbs, replenishing fluids, tightening nuts and bolts, inspecting tires, etc.
- Responsible for daily maintenance including fueling and cleaning of vehicle.
- Responsible for reporting minor and major repair needs to the Fleet Services Coordinator.
- Responsible for assisting staff with patient care as requested to include loading and unloading, operation of commonly used equipment and providing family members with information about and directions to Duke. Not to exceed beyond EMT scope of practice as defined by the North Carolina Office of EMS.
- Responsible for providing direct patient care on BLS transports and documenting in the electronic medical record.
- Responsible for replenishing medical air and oxygen and medical supplies used during transport.
- Knowledge of streets and highways within the response area of the mobile intensive care unit. Knowledge of posted speed limits in response areas.
- Assist with continuing education outreach programs as assigned.
- Assist with Public Relation events as required.
- Provide staffing coverage to all bases as needed.
- 80% staff meeting attendance.
As Duke Life Flight is a part of the Emergency Service CSU and in support of our CSU it is the expectation that EMT's will assist Life Flight Staff in providing assistance in the Emergency Department as requested. (Not to exceed beyond EMT scope of practice as defined by the North Carolina Office of EMS).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18282683/emergency-medical-technician-cadet-duke-life-flight-durham-ncLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005