Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1398 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
NationwideNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Newark, DelawareNEW! NEW!Nemours
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Centura Health
Centennial, ColoradoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Yuma Regional Medical Center
Yuma, ArizonaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Warwick, New YorkNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Sebring, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Warwick, New York
Internal Number: 2991
The Labor Relations Specialist is responsible for assisting in the administration of labor relations policies. This position provides guidance to departments to ensure compliance with personnel rules and procedures, network policies, contractual agreements, labor and employment laws ( Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.), Equal Employment Opportunity compliance, and applicable health regulations governing the staffing of hospitals.
- Investigates, interviews, collects information, and evaluates employee relations matters such as harassment allegations, workplace complaints, performance deficiencies, or other concerns to determine course of action to be taken.
- Prepares documents related to employee performance concerns, collective bargaining agreements, and disciplinary charges.
- Prepares reports, collects data, develops summaries, and reports status of Labor Relations matters, case activity, and analysis.
- Prepares witnesses and evidence to be used in disciplinary hearings, arbitration, or other legal matters.
- Interprets and administers all labor agreements and assists in resolving grievances, including serving as hearing officer for grievances.
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with unions and union representatives.
- Serves as Hearing Officer for grievances.
- Interprets and implements procedures for compliance with, Fair Labor Standards and Americans with Disabilities Acts.
- Acts as a representative of the Medical Center in the settlement of informal and formal labor grievances.
- Trains, advises and counsels supervisory and management staff on effective labor relations and personnel practices to ensure compliance to laws, regulations, and policies to effectively motivate the workforce.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
1 to 3 years of experience in human resources and/or labor relations, one year of which must have included handling employee relations matters, required. Thorough knowledge of the general principles and practices and procedures of modern labor relations, such as mediation, fact-finding, arbitration, contract administration and interpretation and contract negotiation
Bachelor's degree required (preferably in industrial or labor relations, human resources, public administration or business administration, or a combination of education and related experience). A Master's degree in one of the above-mentioned fields may be substituted for one year of experience.
This role will be split between Bon Secours Community & SACH locations.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.About WMCHealthWMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18259706/labor-relations-specialistLoading. Please wait.