Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1944 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaCHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
NationwideNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
East Swiftwater, PennsylvaniaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Bolingbrook, IllinoisNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Newark, DelawareNEW! NEW!Nemours
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobService Access Manager - DASC - Davis Ambulatory Surgery CenterDuke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 226367
Duke University Health System - Patient Revenue Management Office (PRMO) seeks to hire a Service Access Manager who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Service Access Manager will manage service access activities and staff to achieve continuous and optimal patient care.
Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm
- Supervise and coordinate activities of a clinic/department to include establishing and maintaining systems for patient flow through the clinic/department and the utilization of clinic and ancillary facilities and manpower.
- Direct and coordinate all scheduling, check-in, check-out, and financial services activities within the clinic/department.
- Actively participate on committees to achieve desired outcomes and ensure follow-up on action plans (operating processes, policies and procedures, utilization of space, increase revenue, supply utilization, personnel, etc).
- Serve as a representative for the clinic/department to both internal and externa l groups.
- Plan and schedule work for the front-end staff, ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties. Train new personnel.
- Communicate and model the values of DUHS through orientation, development, mentoring, performance counseling and evaluation of staff. Plan and implement strategies to promote effective recruitment, retention and development of diverse work teams.
- Directly responsible for all personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, vacation schedules, and maintaining payroll records and time reports.
- Coordinate diagnostic and treatment activities of the clinic/department with services of other departments to ensure effective patient care and efficient service.
- Greet and provide assistance to visitors and patients. Explains policies and procedures, and resolves problems.
- Maintain liaison with professional medical staff and other personnel in administrating policies and procedures regarding patient flow and utilization of space, time, supplies, and equipment.
- Develop policies and procedures to improve patient care and utilization of clinic/department resources.
- Maintain interface with physicians, patients and administrative staff to provide information and to resolve problems relating to clinic services. Collect and analyze data for the preparation of composite reports and special projects. Generate, analyze and/or interpret entity-specific reports relating to department performance, staff performance, financial performance. Independently execute appropriate action plans based o n findings.
- Enforces regulatory and compliance requirements (HIP PA, JCAHO, etc). Accountable for understanding, enforcing and following all internal controls, particularly as they relate to cash management policies and procedures.
- Directly involved in the preparation of department budget. Make budgetary recommendations and projections. Monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds, compiling information reflecting expenditures, and develop cost-comparisons. Identify cost savings within the operation.
- Coordinate and supervise activities performed in determining sponsorship eligibility, making financial arrangements, and establishing fees.
- Generally reports to a Health Center Administrator/department head with responsibility for multiple sites.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
High school diploma required. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Requires six years of experience of a progressive nature in a healthcare setting to become knowledgeable of the complex activities associated with healthcare services.
- An Associate's degree in healthcare or business may substitute for two years of experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in healthcare or business may substitute for four years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry experience
- Skilled in working with spreadsheets, databases and power point presentations
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Strong customer service background and experience
- Ability create and apply specific departmental policies, rules and regulations relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and maintaining records and forms
- Knowledge and ability to apply situational leadership skills
- Ability to effectively lead teams and establish and maintain effective relationships with other personnel
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18246752/service-access-manager-dasc-davis-ambulatory-surgery-centerLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005