Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Hybrid, onsite 1 day/month
The Analytics Coordinator facilitates a data enabled organization through knowledge of financial, operational, clinical, quality, and people data.
1. Facilitates a data enabled organization through knowledge of financial, operational, clinical, quality and people data throughout the organization and the related systems.
2. Works with management, analysts, and IT to translate operational requirements into technical solutions.
3. Works with IT to develop and implement reporting processes, including dashboards and reporting tools.
4. Facilitates identification and resolution of data quality issues by creating standard data definitions and facilitating standardized data collection processes.
5. Performs complex analysis and provide guidance to all staff related to data collection, analysis, and/or reporting.
6. Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standard metric definitions including implementation and maintenance of tools to support standardized metrics and data definitions [online repository].
7. Facilitate definition of operational data needs
8. Translate operational data needs into technical solutions.
9. Facilitate resolution of data quality issues
10. Lead and support data analysis
11. Implement and maintain tools to support Data Governance
12. Other duties as required.
Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills required, with emphasis on attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Customer service mindset and superior interpersonal and communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills required.
Experience providing information in new and end-user friendly ways is required.
Experience with project management and data analysis is required.
Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
Must be able to perform well in a matrix reporting position and be able to handle some level of ambiguity.
Experience in healthcare is preferred.
Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic Systems, Strata, Qlik, SAP WebI software is preferred.
Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in analytics, mathematics, statistics, industrial engineering or related field is required. Master's degree is preferred.
Years of relevant experience: Minimum 5 years' experience in analytics or related field. Master's degree will be considered in lieu of experience.
Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: