All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Team Based Nursing Model*
Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for collaborating with the AdventHealth West Florida Director of Corporate Communications and Manager of Internal Communications to develop and execute internal communications for multiple division-wide hospitals and facilities that educate, inform and impact culture within the strategic framework and initiatives of the division.
Through effective storytelling that is clear, concise and compelling, the internal communications specialist delivers written copy for various platforms including but not limited to, newsletter communications, email, intranet, video production, social media and written collateral materials that takes in to account the internal audiences throughout the division.
The internal communications specialist actively builds partnerships with executive leadership, division and hospital marketing teams, donors, physicians and team members at West Florida Division facilities.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Writes internal messages for multiple hospitals and facilities encompassing all applicable audiences within the West Florida Division.
• Develops communications plans and strategies for specific initiatives and campaigns identified by the director of corporate communications, internal communications manager and in collaboration with division and facility leaders.
• Identifies key storytelling and communications needs for multiple hospitals and facilities in the West Florida Division.
• Executes written, visual and digital internal communications at multiple hospitals and facilities within the West Florida Division.
• Additionally, supports the internal communications manager with written copy for online, sharepoint, intranet and email as well as other internal communications platforms.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must – with demonstrated ability to translate organizational needs into a concept and adapt writing style for specific audience.
• Executive presence and professionalism to interact regularly with C-Suite leaders and other top executives in the organization at the division, campus and corporate level.
• Ability to articulate complex information in understandable and relatable terms to all levels of staff.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects.
• Proficiency in AP writing style standards.
• Strong computer skills are required with high proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and Visio, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign is a plus.
• Strong social media skills are a plus to help support the social media manager with on campus photos, video and social media copy.
• Ability to implement initiatives independently with minimal supervision. Must be a self-starter.
• Strong time management and organizational skills with sharp attention to details. Strong project management skills are a requirement.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to work well with others using tact and diplomacy. Must be a team player.
• Ability to influence and coordinate efforts of other team members in support of marketing communications, and HR initiatives.
• Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Mass Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, Marketing, Advertising, Health Science or similar field.
• Two or more years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing, communications, internal corporate communications with proven results required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Internal communications experience in a health care, HR or other corporate setting.
• Experience executing strategic communications plans across a variety of internal and external vehicles, including email, social media platforms and company intranet.
• Experience planning and executing video communication tools.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.