$23.37/hr - $35.06/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Schedule : Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm (AZ time zone with flexible zone)
A rewarding career that fits your life. As an employer of the future, we are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices including remote work options. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Health.??
Revenue Integrity has become a leading national focus to gain greater visibility for sound financial outcomes/practices, compliance and optimal reimbursement with focus across all continuums of patient care. Revenue Integrity in an integral part of the Revenue Cycle and covers all essentials related to it.
Be part of a group of highly diverse team members with a vast amount of expertise and experience. As a key component of the Revenue Cycle, we pride themselves on accuracy and accountability. We strive to ensure that all team members are fully supported in their career with Banner by providing a multitude of educational opportunities.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position evaluates medical records and assigns appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes in accordance with nationally recognized coding guidelines for professional and technical Radiation Oncology services.
1. Analyzes medical information from medical records. Accurately codes diagnostic and charge procedural and supply information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Provides thorough, timely and accurate assignments of ICD and/or CPT4 codes, MS-DRGs, APCs, POAs and reconciliation of charges.
2. Abstracts clinical diagnoses, procedure codes and documents other pertinent information obtained from the medical record into the electronic medical records. Seeks out missing information and creates complete records, including items such as disease and procedure codes, point of origin code, discharge disposition, date of surgery, attending physician, consulting physicians, surgeons and anesthesiologists, and appropriate signatures/authorizations. Refers inconsistent patient treatment information/documentation to coding quality analysis, supervisor or individual department for clarification/additional information for accurate code assignment.
3. Provides quality assurance for medical records. For all assigned records and/or areas assures compliance with coding rules and regulations according to regulatory agencies for state Medicaid plans, Center for Medicare Services (CMS), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), as well as company and applicable professional standards.
4. Work all assigned billing edits related to radiation oncology professional or technical claims within Thrive claims.
5. ??As assigned, compiles daily and monthly reports; tabulates data from medical records for research or analysis purposes.
6. Works independently under regular supervision. Uses specialized knowledge for accurate assignment of ICD/CPT and MS-DRG codes according to national guidelines. May seek guidance for correct interpretation of coding guidelines and LCDs (Local Coverage Determinations).
Associate's degree or technical degree or equivalent working knowledge.??
Must demonstrate a level of knowledge and understanding of ICD and CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as normally demonstrated by certification by the American Academy of Professional CodersSignificant experience, typically gained through four plus years relevant work experience providing coding services within a broad range of health care facilities. Must be able to achieve an acceptable accuracy rate on the coding test administered by the hiring facility according to pre-established company standards.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software and coding software and abstracting systems. Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Radiation Oncology Certified Coder ROCC) in an active status is required.
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) with American Health Information Management Association or American Academy of Professional Coders is preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of certification/degree.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.