Great options and great opportunities. At Banner we are tapestry of cultures, and experiences. A workforce that is honored to serve, and support the community. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Health!
Innovation, a love of finding the answer, and growth.?? Joining the Banner Health Compliance team as a Senior Compliance Audit Analyst for Banner Health???s Insurance Division offers you all three of those opportunities. Innovation as the audit team reviews growing lines of business, so the work stays challenging. Love of finding an answer resulting in superior audit results and reports collaborating with audit team members. Communication and collaboration to help grow your skillset. This is a day shift position Monday - Friday, 8 hour workdays with some variation based on work demands.
This position is remote with occasional travel to Banner Health Corporate Office.
Local candidates only.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position conducts scheduled audits defined in the annual audit plan, as well as, requested unplanned audits resulting from an internal request or a government investigation. Plans, coordinates and manages audits and third party investigations under the direction of compliance leadership. Conducts coding, billing and other business procedure audits and prepares and presents reports of findings at the direction of compliance leadership. Assists with the development of corrective actions and monitoring activities to mitigate risk and validate ongoing compliance with government regulatory requirements. Conducts internal investigations reported though the compliance/ethics line as applicable, assists the organization???s compliance officers as directed to research and investigate concerns or questions related to compliance or regulatory requirements. Provides support to compliance leadership during government investigations, including document indexing, medical record review, research regarding applicable laws and regulatory requirements, internal policies, procedures/operational processes and maintaining investigation file integrity.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Researches regulatory requirements relative to assigned audits and develops audit tools. Conducts audits utilizing defined audit standards, communicates the audit process through a pre-audit conference, identifies areas of potential risk, prepares audit reports, communicates results though an audit exit conference, assists in the development of corrective action plans, monitors effectiveness of corrective action plans, and provides training if indicated.
2. Identifies training opportunities based on audits, designs and presents such education to prevent repeated compliance risks at the direction of the compliance leadership team. Provides compliance/documentation education sessions to physicians and other staff.
3. Coordinates external investigation efforts in conjunction with the Banner Legal Department and Compliance leadership. Maintains investigation integrity by managing investigation files, reviewing applicable laws and regulations, Banner internal policies and relative operational processes.
4. Assists the organization's compliance leadership, as directed, to research and investigate complaints, concerns or questions relative to compliance issues. Investigates and follows up on reported issues as directed.
5. Maintains awareness of laws and regulations and conducts research as needed to identify applicable laws, regulations and practices to maintain compliance. Reviews related policies and procedures and literature. Communicates applicable compliance issues to the compliance officers and assists in the distribution of training of such changes.
6. Assumes additional responsibilities to assist and support the organization's compliance program often dealing with complex and unique situations and problems.
7. Performs job functions on a system-wide basis. Internal and external customers include, but are not limited to, executives and managers, compliance committees, physicians and clinical staff. Must maintain relevant professional licensure/certification.
Requires knowledge typically gained with completion of a bachelor's degree in business, nursing, internal audit or related field.
Requires skills and abilities normally acquired with two to three years of payer, clinical or healthcare operations experience and/or three to five years of experience inmedical coding or audit experience within a complex care or payer environment. Must be able to understand, apply and interpret complex rules and regulatory requirements in a variety of payer or provider settings and relevant healthcare-related government regulations, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Requires clinical or payer knowledge, critical and analytical thinking skills to conduct compliance audits and draft reports. Written and verbal communication skills required. Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets required. Ability to organize workload, manage multiple projects, and maintain confidentiality of all work information.
Relevant certification based on assigned area of focus. Experience in Payer or Healthcare operations, regulatory requirements, legal, revenue cycle, coding registered nurse (RN) or audit standards preferred as relevant to the position.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.