Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort.?? One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients.??
This HIMS Department is a private department, staff have individual work stations and there are currently 7 team member at this campus. There is an Associate Director as well.
As a Health Information Management Systems - HIMS Technician you will be responsible for compiling, processing, and maintaining patients' medical records on-site at Banner Baywood location in Mesa. You provide support to Document Imaging for the day shift, to maintain continuity of care and integrity of patient health records. HIMS Technicians will ensure all regulatory requirements of Banner are followed, as well as reconcile medical record activity, maintain records in centralized locations, retrieve charts, and scan, index, and validate records. You will perform quality control processes related to document imaging for the electronic medical record (EMR). ??The primary role is to safeguard and ensure the safety and integrity of our patient???s charts. To that end, it is vital to the continuity of care that the HIM Tech perform the important tasks of all processes that are needed to post the most up-to-date and complete documentation to the patient record. In the event that this does not occur the provider may not have all results that are needed to provide a complete picture of the patient???s health and/or treatment needs: thus resulting in the patient having costly delays in care or worse not receiving the most appropriate treatment. Production expectations include each task having individual productivity metrics. The position does include physical retrieval of medical records. ????Bring your medical records knowledge, attention to detail, and technical skills to a rewarding career at Banner!??Bring your ideally 1 year + experience in healthcare information/ medical records knowledge, your attention to detail, and technical skills to a rewarding career at Banner!
This position works onsite Banner Baywood Medical Center in Mesa, Arizona.
The schedule isTuesday- Saturday 10:30am-7pm, including holidays.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life! Apply today!
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of confidential electronic health records. The position performs a variety of HIMS functions, including one or more of the following: record completion, transcription coordination, document imaging, release of information, and/or providing services and information to physicians and staff. May analyze the electronic medical records for quantitative and qualitative completion based on the facility???s medical staff rules and regulations, company policy, and State, Federal and other regulatory agency requirements.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Conducts routine releases of health information in accordance with company policy and all state and federal laws.
2. Reviews and analyzes health information typically through the use of electronic health record tools for provider completion and record deficiencies in accordance with the Joint Commission, CMS, state licensing agencies, Medical Staff rules and regulations, and HIMS Department standards. Accurately maintains data related to deficiencies in the Electronic Medical Record.
3. Provide customer service and assistance related to HIMS departmental functions to patients, vendors, providers, ancillary staff, and other departments in person, over the telephone, through email, or by other means including coordinating birth registrations with State recording processes.
4. Performs the document imaging function as required, including scanning, Quality Control and Validation, to ensure scanned images are uploaded into the correct electronic health record visit and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
5. Perform current and retrospective review of scanned documents as needed through the certification process in an effort to maintain the integrity and completeness of the Electronic Medical Record and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
6. Perform a variety of other support functions including assistance with basic transcription issues and requests, providing training for Dragon/voice recognition applications, assisting patients with completion of portal enrollment, performing merges and combines in the EHR, answering telephones, and other duties as assigned by HIMS leadership.
7. Works under regular supervision using defined processes. Conducts problem solving using a learned expertise in regulations and medical record requirements. Has assigned responsibility within a department or clinic. Customers are physicians and office staff, nursing and ancillary staff.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires the knowledge of health information practices and principles as normally demonstrated through completion of one or more years of post-high school education in medical records and information systems OR high school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge or one or more years of experience working with medical records and/or health information management.
Requires the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; requires ability to inspect, read, and analyze written material. Must be able to perform and work on multiple tasks and organize and prioritize work. Requires good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, along with effective teamwork skills.
Requires strong technical skills in the use of software applications and databases. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Is knowledgeable and proficient in accessing and utilizing all applicable EHR systems as well as other applications utilized by the HIMS department.
Current enrollment in the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Program. A background in the use of medical terminology for the assigned area is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.