Patient Financial Services Representative Central Billing Office
Location: Greeley, Colorado
Internal Number: R96333
Amb Billing & Follow Up
Primary Location Salary Range:
$16.56/hr - $24.84/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
You will work on a Patient Financial Services (PFS) Department responsible for the timely and accurate billing and collections of revenue based on CMS guidelines, payer contracts and federal regulations. You will be assigned to a specific team of 10-15 Patient Financial Services Representatives dedicated to work with specific payor group(s). Our team provides a supportive environment, and you will have many opportunities to grow and advance in your career path. We strive to create an environment that engages employees to produce at the highest level and recognition for their accomplishments. your individual and team work assignments are designed to collectively meet Banner???s goals emphasizing excellent customer service and making a difference in our customer???s lives.
As a Patient Financial Services Representative, you will be responsible for accurate and timely billing of services rendered. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include reviewing initial claims to ensure clean claim submission, review and follow up on billed claims to investigate the reason for edits and/or rejections leading to payment delays or denials, call payers to verify correct insurance information, provide clear documentation of all work activity in the claim to ensure continuity throughout the entire revenue cycle, work as a member of a team to ensure reimbursement for services in a timely and accurate manner, research accounts to determine internal/external errors, make corrections as necessary, build strong working relationships with assigned business units, hospital departments or provider offices, identify trends in claim issues and communicate with internal/external customers as appropriate to educate and correct problems, provide assistance and excellent customer service to internal clients, make outbound calls as required to resolve billing, payment and accounting issues, work as a member of the patient financial services team to achieve goals in days and dollars of outstanding accounts, reduce accounts receivable balances, use systems to document and to provide statistical data, prepare issues list(s) and to communicate with payors accurately, work independently under general supervision, following defined standards and procedures, report to a Supervisor or Manager, and use critical thinking skills to solve problems and reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (AZ time zone)
This is a remote opportunity. Applicant must reside in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, or Wyoming in order to be considered.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates and facilitates patient billing and collection activities in one or more assigned areas of billing, payment posting, collections, payor claims research, and other accounts receivable work. Works as a member of a team to ensure reimbursement for services in a timely and accurate manner.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. May be assigned to process payments, adjustments, claims, correspondence, refunds, denials, financial/charity applications, and/or payment plans in an accurate and timely manner, meeting goals in work quality and productivity. Coordinates with other staff members and physician office staff as necessary ensure correct processing.
2. As assigned, reconciles, balances and pursues account balances and payments, and/or denials, working with payor remits, facility contracts, payor customer service, provider representatives, spreadsheets and the company???s collection/self-pay policies to ensure maximum reimbursement.
3. May be assigned to research payments, denials and/or accounts to determine short/over payments, contract discrepancies, incorrect financial classes, internal/external errors. Makes appeals and corrections as necessary.
4. Builds strong working relationships with assigned business units, hospital departments or provider offices. Identifies trends in payment issues and communicates with internal and external customers as appropriate to educate and correct problems. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to these internal clients.
5. Responds to incoming calls and makes outbound calls as required to resolve billing, payment and accounting issues. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to patients, patient families, providers, and other internal and external customers.
6. Works as a member of the patient financial services team to achieve goals in days and dollars of outstanding accounts. Reduces Accounts Receivable balances.
7. Uses systems to document and to provide statistical data, prepare issues list(s) and to communicate with payors accurately.
8. Works independently under general supervision, following defined standards and procedures. Reports to a Supervisor or Manger. Uses critical thinking skills to solve problems and reconcile accounts in a timely manner. External customers include all hospital patients, patient families and all third party payers. Internal customers include facility medical records and patient financial services staff, attorneys, and central services staff members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences.
Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Work experience with the Company???s systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.