St. Luke's Health System in Boise, ID is seeking a Domain Architect 4 with Cyber Security experience to join our IT Architecture team.
Position SummaryWith a high degree of latitude, the Domain Architect 4 provides consultation and advisement for St. Luke's current and future-state Integrated Health Technology (IHT) Architecture. The Domain Architect 4 significantly influences and enables the IHT team's ability to support St. Luke's mission of providing high quality, accessible and affordable care.
The Domain Architect 4 will provide Architecture services with a focus on Cyber Security. We seek candidates with extensive experience in this regard.
- As a member of the IHT Architecture team, the Domain Architect 4 leverages architecture services, principles, standards and processes to maximize the effectiveness, reliability and return on investment of IHT technology solutions, all while minimizing any future technical debt.
- Modifies designs and architectures by reviewing solution architectures, security, performance and interoperability requirements; provides recommendations and actionable plans for proposed initiatives based on business relevance, appropriate timing and complexities; represents architecture changes and acquires sign-off approval as required.
- Exceptional people-skills and ability to build relationships and partnerships across the enterprise, at all levels. Proven ability to bring together people with disparate and occasionally opposing perspectives to build consensus and aligned support for optimal architectural decisions. Strong facilitation and problem resolution skills.
- Works on highly complex organization-wide projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple architectural domains including (but not limited to): Business Architecture, Data and Information Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Architecture, Cyber Security Architecture.
- Provides architectural leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring for peers and team members.
- Leads the definition of the set of strategic, core and support architectural processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries.
- Assures the correct people, resources and controls are involved in architectural processes across the enterprise.
- Participates in the IHT Architecture Practice to develop, maintain and govern the architecture across the organization. Conceives strategies and solutions, builds consensus, collaborates and advises in solution selection and design, provides recommendations and actionable plans based on business relevance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides Architectural Services per the IHT Architecture Service Catalog.
- Performs Architecture Reviews for proposed solutions, providing feedback related to fit for purpose and alignment to architectural standards and principles.
- Reviews and approves architecture blueprints and solution designs which influence and inform technology investment.
- Lead assigned Architectural Reviews as part of the IHT Intake process. Research and document findings and recommendations, provide feedback related to fit for purpose and alignment to architectural standards and principles. Own the relationship with the Business Partner to assure satisfaction with the Architecture Review process and findings.
- Partners with IHT Domain Leaders to produce Architectural Roadmaps and Reference Architecture to facilitate future-state planning.
- Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry, and market trends to assist in architectural roadmapping, future-state technology planning, business development, project development and operational support activities.
- Advisor, mentor, and subject matter expert architecture practice services, helping others in IHT understand and learn about IHT architecture.
- Supports IHT project execution by providing consultation and advisement in realization of solution architecture.
- Represents IHT Architecture team in matters related to Cyber Security practices and technologies. Assures affective architectural services are made available to the Cyber Security domain. Partner, mentor and advise Cyber Security team in matters related to IHT Architecture.
- Performs or participates in security audits, identifies security gaps, develops and implements risk mitigation solutions.
- Conduct risk assessments, evaluate alternative strategies, develop recommendations, and ensure responsive communication with business representatives, security management, and third-party vendors.
- Partner with the Cyber Security team in the design review process and support the overall Security Architecture process.
- Coordinate analysis of new or enhanced software applications or tool implementations for impacts to existing security software and devices.
- Influence and drive change to overall security architecture processes, strategies, and standards, as needed in areas such as: Information Security, Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Prevention, Threat and Vulnerability Management, and Identity and Access Management.
- Develop, maintain, and implement security policies, processes, tools and methodologies that support security architecture standards and ensure effective evolution of security architecture within the organization.
- Monitors emerging products, technologies, or best practices that will improve security for the organization and its stakeholders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Analytical skills - Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
Strategic thinking/visioning - Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and improvements through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
Creativity/innovation - Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Experience: Four years' experience in designing and implementing Cyber Security controls, practices and technologies.
- Proven ability to mentor and advise Cyber Security team members in matters related to architecture services.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
- Eight years' experience in designing and implementing Cyber Security controls, practices and technologies.
- Prior Enterprise Architecture experience
- Prior IT Infrastructure experience
- Prior IT supervisor or managerial experience
- Cyber Security related certification
- Healthcare/Health systems experience
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.
As the only Idaho-based, not-for-profit health system, St. Luke’s Health System is part of the communities we serve, with local physicians and boards who further our organization’s mission “To improve the health of people in our region.” Working together, we share resources, skills, and knowledge to provide the best possible care, no matter which of our hospitals you choose.