A rewarding career that fits your life. As an employer of the future, we are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices including remote work options. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Health.
As an Associate Manager??ofPhysician Cardiology Surgical Coding you will have the remarkable opportunity to work remotely and while managing an engaged team who works hard every day to make healthcare easier, so life can be better.??
This position requires a need to have a certification of Cardiology ??? CCC as well as initial Coding Certification: (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or Radiology Certified Coder (RCC) if employed in the Imaging space.
Experience in Cardiology and Vascular Coding is optimal. These surgical Specialty Teams cover Cardiology, Vascular, EP, Pulmonary, Sleep, Neuro Science, Ophthalmology, Pain Management, and Anesthesia. You will use your attention to detail, your Coding experience, as well as your CPC Certification schooling to accurately translate physician???s notes to ensure patients are billed correctly.
Our remote coders??are required to live in one of the following states:
Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida , Georgia, Hawaii,??Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky,??Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina,??Tennessee, Texas, Utah, ??Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming!??
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position leads a designated medical coding team across multiple locations. The position has shared responsibility to assist in achieving the business unit goals in targeted areas such as unbilled accounts receivable, compliance with regulatory requirements and data integrity. The position works collaboratively with Sr. Coding Leaders and Directors to achieve designated financial and revenue cycle goals and coding compliance.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for staff assigned to coding function. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff in targeted areas, such as unbilled accounts receivable, quality and timeliness of clinical coding assignments, data integrity and reimbursement with third party payers. Provides for the education, development and shared leadership of staff.
2. Assists in setting and maintaining budgetary department goals for the coding area. Monitors overtime and unbilled to help achieve budget goals.
3. Participates in organization performance improvements by monitoring of the coding scorecard which includes: unbilled A/R; Medicare second reviews; RAC denials; first time submission acceptance for the state; coding accuracy; % clean claims; staff stats; etc. Participates in the improvement of processes and programs.
4. Works collaboratively with other leaders to establish coding quality, productivity and best practices. Monitors goals, productivity and quality standards in conjunction with industry trends. Identifies potential improvements and moves team to achieve next level of performance with regards to coding quality, productivity and best practices.
5. Participates in developing standard coding policies/procedures/guidelines to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory guidelines to minimize risk for the organization. Supports coding infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of coding and abstracting of clinical data to support patient care processes.
6. Monitors data integrity on regular basis to ensure abstracted data elements meet requirements, performs staff training and education. May support software testing by providing staff to ensure proper functionality of applications when requested.
7. Position is responsible for 30% management/ 70% staff responsibilities and includes production coding, in addition, to coding oversight for a designed coding team and is responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, coding accuracy, data integrity and/or complete and appropriate reimbursement from third party payers. The coding will withstand the scrutiny of internal and/or external reviews.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires a degree in Health Information or a related area, with coursework in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or the equivalent training and education.
Requires Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or Radiology Certified Coder (RCC) if employed in the Imaging space.
Must possess a strong knowledge and background in coding as normally demonstrated through five or more years of progressive coding experience preferably within a major health care organization or health system setting. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively. Requires the ability to work effectively with all common office software and coding software applications.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of computer applications and their applicability to coding.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.