Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care ??? and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Our IT Service Desk Department provides 1st level technical support via telephone, chat and a self-service portal for all computer break/fix and request issues. As an IT Service Desk Representative you will be responsible for answering calls and chats regarding break/fix issues and requests.?? You will have the opportunity to thrive in a high call volume environment, demonstrating your exceptional communication skills and teamwork abilities.
The IT Service Desk is operated 24/7/365. Employees are expected to work 40 hours weekly on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift, and holiday shifts, as needed. New hires will be on day shift for??training (typically for 6-8 weeks), after which a more permanent schedule will be determined based on real time call demand. Schedules are reviewed annually to align with call demand. . An ideal candidate would possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor???s Degree with 2+ years of experience in a technology support role. Candidate must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Candidate should have strong communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. As well as the ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position functions as the first point of contact for customer support of IT issues for all internal and Banner-affiliated customers. The incumbent acts as a resource for the work group and assists in the role of answering, logging and resolving of customer issues
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Efficiently answers, troubleshoots, resolves, thoroughly documents and accurately triages incoming calls, web portal interactions and e-mails to the Service Desk.
2. Interacts with the customer, department and vendor support to facilitate first call incident resolution. Documents interactions with customers using Service Desk and Incident Management system. Escalates user issues as needed by contacting the appropriate resource group. Updates the incident tracking system as necessary. Provides updates to customers via the outgoing ACD message system and web-based communication tool.
3. Provides a high quality customer service experience to all customers and coworkers.
4. Coordinates closely with senior peers to identify, investigate, track, and resolve desktop, application and system issues, ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
5. Assists in developing and utilizes on-line procedures, solutions, and knowledge databases. Assists with training of peers and acts as a resource for other staff members
6. This position has responsibility for multiple company information technology applications and systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities regarding the urgency of the issue and/or application. The incumbent has mid-level decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Must also possess 2 or more years experience in a technology support role.
Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Successful candidate will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours may be required.
Previous experience in a large volume or complex technology call or support center. Previous experience in a healthcare or related environment. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.