The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we???re excited about what the future holds for health care. That???s why we???re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Join a Risk Adjustment Coding team that produces high quality and best in class risk adjustment coding programs to Banner's provider community. As a Risk Adjustment Coding Reviewer you will provide feedback and education to providers based on chart reviews as well as provide expertise to internal stakeholders. We are excited about the direction we are heading and continually look for ways to improve the programs we offer.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
This position, using a combination of data and chart reviews, identifies patterns in provider coding.?? Implements when necessary, education to providers and their staff to remediate areas of low performance. This position assists with the delivery of education/training materials, conducts and coordinates training and development of providers and their office staff.??Provides technical training in coding, risk adjustment, documentation, and billing functions.
1. Conducts medical record reviews to evaluate documentation to ensure that diagnosis coding meets specificity requirements to support clinical indicators.
2. Query providers regarding missing, unclear, or conflicting health record documentation by requesting and obtaining additional documentation within the heath record.
3. Compiles data and recommends solutions regarding trends or patterns noticed in provider coding. Provides formal training to providers and staff regarding coding, billing and documentation standards related to risk adjustment activity.
4. Assists, with concurrent coding to meet departmental goals/deadlines. Maintains a 96% quality audit accuracy rate.
5. Performs prospective, concurrent, and retrospective chart reviews based on department needs/goals.
6. Assists with research and analysis for inquiries regarding compliance, coding, and inappropriate documentation.
8. Maintains current knowledge of coding guidelines and relevant federal regulations through the use of current ICD-10-CM book, CMS manuals, by attending educational workshops/conferences, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and/or participating in professional societies. This may also include performing ongoing research to ensure compliance with clinical documentation and/or regulatory guidelines and standards.
Must possess a current knowledge of business and/or healthcare as normally obtained through completion of a bachelor???s degree in healthcare administration or related field or possess equivalent experience.
This position requires a credential such as Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) with active status with the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). A valid Driver???s license and ability to drive to assigned practices. Must be well versed in regulatory requirements for ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines, medical record documentation, as well as Medical Staff Rules and Regulations where applicable.
Requires the knowledge typically acquired over four or more years of work experience in risk adjustment. Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and disease pathology knowledge is required.
Must be able to function as part of a team, using effective interpersonal and instructional skills. Must possess excellent written, verbal, and customer service skills, and have the ability to conduct educational needs analysis and to teach effectively to a wide range of comprehension levels.
Must be proficient in the use of common office and presentation software and have an advanced knowledge and experience with computer healthcare applications and hardware.
Previous training/teaching experience and customer service education experience preferred.
Creativity and knowledge of adult learning principals preferred.
Hold the Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) credential or similar specialty credential.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.