Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, this is a hybrid work-from-home/work-in-office position as needed.  Must live in Ohio or PA.  The ability to work from home may change based on business needs.
Summary: The Storage Engineer designs, manages, and monitors the Linux environments plus storage infrastructure.
1. Designs, manages, and monitors the Linux environments.
3. Plans, designs, administers, and supports storage infrastructure technologies.
4. Works directly with management and users to analyze and specify technology opportunities and make system recommendations.
5. Schedules, plans, and recommends hospital wide deployments based on industry best practices.
6. Prepares and plans for disaster recovery, storage capacity, and provides performance analysis.
7. Mentors and coaches other engineers in the development and support of the storage environment.
8. Ensures a high level of security, storage availability, and reliability of storage infrastructure.
9. Prepares project plans, provides estimates for project tasks and assists with prioritization in relation to capacity planning, performance analysis.
10. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in designing, building, configuring, and supporting a large storage environment is required.
2. Experience in Linux, server systems, storage arrays, fabric configurations, SAN, NAS, and Fibre Channel environments is required.
3. Experience in of SAN connectivity, shell scripting, LPAR, and virtualization options is required.
4. Experience in networking protocols, clustering, replication, encryption, tape/disk drives, and backup and restore technologies from EMC, IBM TSM, and Data Domain  is required.
5. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred.
2. Certification: None.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: