The Revenue Cycle Contract Management Coordinator participates in the development and design the application(s) for the EPIC Contract Management Module and the Cerner Contract Manager is required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the application(s). The Coordinator will be knowledgeable about organizational policies, procedures and business operations, and the area of business they are representing and the functionality available in the application(s). Under the supervision of the Director, Systems & Support and the Director of Managed Care, the Coordinator will communicate with EPIC and Cerner's team, review the software, analyze business operations, work with Epic, Cerner and end users to tailor the system to the organization. The incumbent will participate in current state mapping and future state workflows development, application design and development, testing support, issues resolution application integration, implementation and ongoing support activities. The Coordinator will perform in-depth analyses of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of EPIC and Cerner software. The Coordinator will be responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with the EPIC and Cerner applications and will assess implementation strategies and the impact those strategies will have on workflows and operations. The incumbent will actively participate in all Enterprise Design, Build; Validate (DBV) sessions together with local systems specific Build, Design, Validate (BDV) sessions.
* Supports the contract management application implementation and maintenance including analysis, planning, build and preparation for managing contracts within Epic and Cerner.
* Works closely with all Revenue Cycle leaders to assure accurate contract builds meet requirements and communicate issues and solutions back to impacted parties including suggesting changes to contracting to enhance revenue opportunities.
* Works closely with end users to identify problems and provide solutions.
* Educates end users to ensure efficient and effective use of application/system.
* Works closely with the technical support on issues of install choices, master file and category list set up, synonyms and preference lists, etc.
* Works closely with appropriate subject matter experts in design, build, validate sessions.
* Facilitates regular communication with the EPIC and Cerner team, reviewing the software, analyzing business operations.
* Performs in depth analyses of workflows, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with the use of the software.
* Reviews new EPIC and Cerner software releases and updates to help determine which features will be utilized and coordinating software updates and changes with users.
* Participates in current state mapping and future state mapping and future state workflows development, application design and development, testing support, issues resolution application integrations, implementation and ongoing support activities.
* Develops and documents the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with vendor applications.
* Identifies and recommends changes in workflow, procedures, forms, and/or data to make optimal use of application systems.
* Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration
* Logs, tracks, and resolves issues and changes in regards to software code modifications or enhancements.
* Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge of hospital healthcare insurance contracting terminology and basic insurance contracting practices. Hospital insurance reimbursement experience (commercial or Medicare) is preferred. Hospital revenue cycle and/or managed care experience is a plus.
Minimum of 4 years' experience within a technology environment, with 2 years in healthcare setting.
Ability to analyze workflow to recommend and develop application solutions. Ability to research and interpret data, including reporting, preparing and presenting data. EPIC and Cerner experience preferred.
Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology in healthcare setting
Demonstrated knowledge of concepts regarding workflow process analysis and design
Knowledge of Cerner Millennium, Cerner Contract Management and big plus
High School diploma or equivalent; Preferred Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in the Business Sciences, Health Sciences (Nursing, Medicine, etc.) or in Information Systems; equivalent relevant experience.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.