$22.26/hr - $33.39/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care ??? and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Healthcare Scheduling team works closely utilizing Banner???s mission, vision and values. The Central Scheduling Associate Manager directs and assures the work quality of the team through effective leadership.?? The supervisor must provide support and expertise within all scheduling applications and modalities including but not limited to Medical Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Invasive procedures, Neurology, Non-Invasive Cardiology, Cardiopulmonary, Respiratory and other Diagnostic exams.
The Healthcare Scheduling Associate Manager makes certain all Central Scheduling Team members are adhering to departmental guidelines, policies and procedures. You will provide expectations, set goals, and develop process improvements for the department and individuals.?? You will engage in effective collaboration with customers and employees for opportunity enhancements.?? You must ensure best practices of the organization are followed and executed.?? We thrive on internal growth and development while incorporating an exciting and safe environment.
Candidates with Call Center and Healthcare Management Experience Encouraged to Apply.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides leadership and oversight of the Patient Contact Call Center supporting scheduling, intake and various access related phone calls into the Banner Health System. This role serves both internal and external customers building relationships across the organization to promote engagement and increase customer, employee and physician satisfaction. This position entails organizing and directing department operations, evaluating metrics to meet key performance indicators, and successfully drives change. The role is responsible for emphasizing excellence within the Contact Centers through strong communication and interpersonal skills. This position must also possess a proven leadership ability and collaborate across all departments and practice entities to enhance the consumer experience.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responsible for smooth and efficient operation of the call center including meeting or exceeding targets, improving workflows, utilizing tools and technology to facilitate easy access to the health system and monitoring Customer Experience Center Agents performance. Understands contact delivery paths and how call volumes, call types and call complexities impact the staffing plan. Monitors service levels to meet department goals. Monitors call center metrics including abandonment rates, average speed of answer, after call work flows and quality. Identifies training needs within the team on systems relative to team specific functions and systems. Reviews and monitors call performance, quality assurance, and provides feedback to staff as necessary. Identifies opportunities for success and leads by example.
2. Provides follow up on complaints or comments from patients and key stakeholders, provides real time guidance for team members on scheduling protocols, supports leadership by identifying deficiencies and manages up as appropriate. Advocates for the best patient experience and is able to adapt and facilitate change to meet operational needs. Listen???s to the voice of the customer and is able to make decisions based on what is best for the customer and business.
3. Acts as a change agent to foster excellence in performance, leadership and communication. Creates opportunity for mentoring and growth, communicates goals and expectations to support a career succession path for team members. Demonstrates innovative ways to achieve business objectives and drive results by leveraging all customer channels. Demonstrates cross-functional collaboration and yields high productivity.
4. Works with leaders and human resources to recruit exceptional talent to the organization. Sets and communicates expectations for team members, administers performance reviews, participates in compensation planning as appropriate, coaches and counsels team members, identifies training needs and takes action Administers Banner Health Systems Policy and Procedures.
5. Works under limited supervision following defined procedures and holds responsibility for the performance of the assigned work group. Typically supervises fifteen to twenty non-exempt staff members. Internal and external customers include all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians and their office staff, patients, families, government agencies, insurers, social services, payor organizations.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by seeking continuous education and researching emerging trends in call center operations management and healthcare relevant publications.
7. Supports system implementations, technology upgrades and miscellaneous software deployment to meet employee key metrics and individual goals. Coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned.
Requires the knowledge and business skills normally demonstrated by an Associates Degree in Business Management or equivalent education and/or experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved in three to five years in office management and/or employee supervision or leadership in healthcare or contact centers.
Demonstrated professionalism and excellent problem solving skills to ensure positive outcomes with patients, overcome challenging obstacles and effectively deal with escalated customer concerns.?? Ability to interact with internal customers at all levels of the organization.
Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently and possess strong computer skills and functional knowledge of systems and applications.
Excellent organizational skills, human relations, and communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must possess the ability to think critically in stressful situations.
Bachelor???s degree. Previous scheduling and software experience preferred. Preferred knowledge of medical terminology and knowledge of clinic practice and/or acute care operations and one of the following; scheduling, emergency notifications, food service operations, tech support, reservations, physician referral or other specialized contact center operations.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.