The vision of Colorado Access is to have healthy communities transformed by the care that people want at a cost we can all afford. Our mission is to partner with communities and empower people through access to quality, affordable care.
Why should you consider a career with Colorado Access?
We are a Colorado-based company, working to improve the health of our state. We care for individuals, families, and children who receive health care under Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) and Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program). Our focus is driving improvements in quality, member experience, outcomes, and cost. We are a mission-driven organization whose foundation is built by our vision, supported by our values and pillared by diversity, equity and inclusion.
1. Find work/life balance: We offer PTO, floating holidays, seven company paid holidays, work from home options (exceptions apply), an Employee Assistance Program and a 401K.
2. Be a part of something bigger and make an impact: We serve the underserved and most vulnerable populations in our community through access to quality and affordable health care. No matter what you do for Colorado Access, you are impacting our community and making a difference.
3. Sharpen your skills, learn, and grow: We support your continued development through tuition reimbursement, leadership training, promotion opportunities, performance evaluations, employee recognition, and a language pay stipend.
What you will do:
We are looking fora Director of People Services like you who can help shape our vision and support our mission. Here is what the day-to-day functions will look like:
Department Director Responsibilities:
· Provides strategic direction and oversees the management and maintenance of department deliverables striving for operational excellence (productivity, quality, SLAs, customer experience of services provided, etc.). Builds high performing teams with vision, leadership, goals and metrics. Serves as a role model for team members; takes action and inspires team members to embrace and implement culture initiatives. Provides awareness to staff how their work impacts other departments, programs and the enterprise. Encourages collaboration and holds team members accountable for achieving outstanding results.
· Responsible for all management functions including: hiring, training, planning and directing work, coaching and staff development, managing and evaluating performance, recognizing and rewarding employees; corrective action procedures and practices, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Develops and manages the department budget.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
· Serves as a trusted advisor and business partner to the company's leaders, providing guidance on managing complex employee relations matters. Counsels and advises managers with interpretation and application of policies and procedures to resolve issues related to disciplinary actions and conflict resolution. Oversees and manages investigations. Escalates issues as necessary to the Vice President of People Services, consulting with internal or third party legal counsel as appropriate.
· Oversees the management and implementation of the company’s performance evaluation program. Provides managers with guidance and training on completing performance reviews and providing performance feedback to employees.
· Assists in the development of a progressive and proactive total rewards program including compensation and benefits programs that provides motivation, incentives and rewards for performance. Continually assesses programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries and markets to ensure competitiveness.
o Conducts competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay grades that help recruit and retain superior staff. Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program and bi-annual pay adjustments. Works with People Services Staff to determine job classifications and range assignments for new positions.
o Manages the company’s benefit plans by working directly with the company’s insurance broker. Manages executive benefits and administration. Oversees the annual benefits enrollment process.
· Manages People Services programs/process improvement activities, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality. Leads the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing project management phases.
· Responsible for organizational compliance with federal and state laws pertaining to all People Services matters. Develops and maintains supporting People Services policies and procedures, manager and employee handbooks. Provides People Services policy guidance and interpretation to managers and employees and conducts related manager training.
· Develops an executive summary of HR Metrics, including: all exit interview data on a quarterly and annual basis. Provides reporting on various aspects for review including recruitment, termination, leave programs, budget information, employee relations, etc.
· Provides oversight on the company leave programs including FMLA, Personal Leaves, Domestic Violence leave, and ADAAA to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
· Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
· Provides oversight of the unemployment process including claims and investigations to ensure compliance with state and federal laws. Participates in unemployment hearings, as necessary.
· Provides oversight to the HRIS system including reporting, data entry, maintenance, etc.
· Implements talent acquisition plans and programs. Provides oversight of recruiting activities and new hire orientation; keeps the organization up to date and proactive with the latest applicable best practices.
· Responsible for directing, developing and distributing People Services related communications to managers and employees.
· Performs periodic audits of People Services activities to ensure compliance with laws, policies and procedures.
· Supports the Vice President of People Services in the development and implementation of a company succession plan for key leadership positions.
Together we will be: an innovative and collaborative team who supports each other, the employees and vision of the company to reach our goals individually, together and as an organization.
Pay, Perks and Benefits at Colorado Access:
The compensation for this position is $104,000.00 to $168,000.00 annually. The pay rate/salary is commensurate with experience.
In addition to being part of a mission driven organization serving our community, as an eligible Colorado Access employee, you’ll receive a generous benefits package, that includes:
· Medical, dental, vision insurance that starts the first day of the month following start date.
· Supplemental insurance such as critical illness and accidental injury.
· Health care and dependent care flexible spending account options.
· Employer-paid basic life insurance and AD&D (employee, spouse and dependent).
· Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
· Voluntary life insurance (employee, spouse, dependent).
· Paid time off
· Retirement plan
· Tuition reimbursement (based on eligibility).
· Annual bonus program (based on eligibility, requirements and performance).
Where you will work:
We are not able to support out of state employees at this time as we continue to serve our members and community in the metro Denver area and across the beautiful state of Colorado.
Colorado Access is committed to providing equal opportunities to all people regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, genetic information, religion, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We strive to maintain a work environment that is free from unlawful harassment and discrimination.
What you will bring:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field, Master’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may substitute with a preference for seven years progressive relevant work experience.
Experience: Minimum of eight years of Human Resources experience with an emphasis in employee relations, compensation and benefits, recruitment and prior management experience required. Human Resources experience in a managed care or healthcare field is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Extensive knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to human resource functions required. Thorough understanding of employee relations, talent acquisition, employee benefits and compensation and related “best practices” required. A strong working knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems desired. Strategic business planning, change management, people management and project management skills required. Demonstrates support for the company’s mission, vision and values. Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to develop strategic partnerships and work with all levels of staff. Requires exemplary customer service skills and ability to identify problems, research alternatives and resolve them. Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Requires excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities and projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) with strong working knowledge of HRIS systems.
Licenses/Certifications: SHRM/HRCI certification preferred. A valid driver's license and proof of current auto insurance will be required for any position requiring driving.
We are a nonprofit health plan that provides access to behavioral and physical health services for Coloradans. Below is a list of our current lines of business:About Access Long Term Support SolutionsAbout Access Behavioral CareAbout Child Health Plan Plus offered by Colorado AccessAbout the Regional Care Collaborative Organization (RCCO)We also provide administrative services for the CHP+ State Managed Care Network and CHP+ Prenatal Care Program. Our VisionHealthy communities transformed by the care that people want at a cost we can all afford.Our MissionPartner with communities and empower people through access to quality, affordable care.Our HeritageIt began with a vision to increase equal access to high quality care for medically underserved Coloradans.Twenty years ago, Children's Hospital Colorado, University Physicians, Inc., Colorado Community Managed Care Network, and University of Colorado Hospital founded our nonprofit organization with the belief that everyone, regardless of income or circumstance, should have access to quality, affordable care. That belief became our legacy and it still lives on today in our mission.We are community oriented and driven by the needs of o...ur members. Through regular provider and consumer advisory, engagement, and partnerships, we work to strengthen the communities we serve through access to quality care. We are proud to be local and mission driven and we will never lose sight of why we're here and whom we serve.Caring for you and your health…it's what we do.Our ValuesCompassionWe act with great care and attention for the people we serve. We are driven by the desire to improve lives and communities. We treat each other with respect and kindness.TrustNothing is more important than the trust of our members, providers, partners and employees. We operate with integrity at all times and we follow rules and regulations as a matter of principle, not obligation.ExcellenceWe are driven by helping those we serve achieve positive results. We strive to exceed expectations and create a positive experience for our customers and employees. We demonstrate accountability for delivering high performance, strong results, value-added operations and quality service.CollaborationWe work as a team with our partners in the community. We build on the success and innovation of mission-aligned partners to the benefit of those we serve. We achieve better results when we work together.InnovationWe find new ways to add value with technology, ideas, programs, services, and tools. We are forward-thinking, seeking ways to transform healthcare with innovative approaches and proven solutions. We share and apply lessons we learn to continuously improve and grow.