Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 6920067
1.0FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Senior Microsoft System Engineer is a member of the Windows Infrastructure team and is primarily responsible for the design and configuration of Microsoft environment which includes but no limited to, Azure, O365, Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Servers. Designs and implements a strategy for a long-term scalable, secure, and supportable Microsoft Ecosystem architecture, appropriate to the Organization's business model. Provides expert system knowledge and mentors and train other staff. Participates in developing business cases for new systems. Participate in planning, development, and implementation of upgrades, new modules, and related applications. Act as a subject matter expert and primary technical contact for all Microsoft Systems Administration and related processes.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
* Leads the design, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Windows/Active Directory (i.e. 2008, 2012, 2016) with environment specific hypervisors
* Provides expertise in designing and architecting Azure, O365 and all other Microsoft cloud applications/features.
* Manages Microsoft cloud infrastructure and applications, such as Azure infrastructure, O365 (Teams, OneDrive, Intune, Conditional Assess, etc.).
* Manages the Microsoft Intune environment which includes managing IOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, and other Intune compatible devices which include enrolling and troubleshooting.
* Manages Active Directory domain controllers and creates and modifies Active Directory, GPOs and Local Group Policy.
* Performs all duties of the Microsoft Systems Engineer including all On-prem and Cloud infrastructure and applications.
* Participates in business case development, project sizing, design and implementation.
* Develops and implements project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
* Owns and leads discussions in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, and enhancements. Recommends solutions as appropriate.
* Performs gap analysis to determine where current infrastructure does not meet client/organizational needs and propose appropriate improvements.
* Researches best practices and brings forward new and innovative solutions. Provides thought-leadership in establishing, driving, and directing a robust and innovative strategy aligned with the company's business and productivity goals.
* Works with end users to resolve on-going issues.
* Investigates and resolves complex technical issues.
* Escalates issues and concerns to manager using escalation process and techniques.
* Recognizes patterns in reported incidents, diagnoses underlying root causes and devises timely and effective resolutions.
* Resolves Sev1 and Sev2 calls as required.
* Serves as an expert resource to the team educating and leading the team in learning new technologies via mentoring.
* Works with stakeholders and other technical teams to collect business and technical requirements and design / deliver enterprise leve00l solutions.
* Creates and updates technical documentation of operating procedures as needed.
* Maintains standards for installation of infrastructure software / hardware installations.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent education and experience.
Experience: Eight (8) years of directly related work experience in managing Windows AD environment, Exchange Hybrid Environment, and Microsoft Cloud environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Knowledge and experienced in Intune MDM
* Knowledge of Conditional Access
* Knowledge of Windows/Active Directory (i.e. 2008, 2012, 2016,2019)
* Knowledge of Azure AD, AD connect and Active Directory
* Knowledge with MS security stack in Azure and O365.
* Knowledge and experienced with MS Teams, understand policies and app control.
* Knowledge with MS security, such as DLP, CASB, AIP, MIP, etc.
* Knowledge of Windows fundamentals and concepts advanced scripting with the PowerShell/other tools
* Knowledge and experience with Azure infrastructure, Office 365 ecosystem, Intune, Teams, and cloud technologies. Design, build and deployment with cloud tools is preferred
* Knowledge in system security standards, benchmarks and security bulletins
* Ability to develop business cases for new technology solutions.
* Ability to lead and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to manage projects.
* Ability to plan strategically both long-term and short-term.
* Ability to work effectively with and manage vendors.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.