Senior Quality Safety & Infection Program Manager Wyoming
Location: Worland, Wyoming
Internal Number: R78062
Risk, Quality and Safety
Find your path in health care. If you???re looking to leverage your skills to make a real difference ??? you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
This Department and position offer an opportunity for a servant leader to support and influence outcomes and infection prevention outcomes for Washakie Medical Center in a great Department! This position offers flexibility to interact with all leaders across the facility and corporate partners. This position will have strong team support from corporate Quality and IP partners and will be an integral member of the Western Division Quality and Safety and WD Infection Prevention composed of 25 ??team partners in Quality, IP and Safety. technologies being used? For technology in IP, we have a centralized surveillance team which frees the IP to be out and about in the facility.?? We have extremely strong leadership and associated support.?? The IP department spans all 6 states and features a career ladder with many opportunities for growth.?? The facility itself is very team oriented with strong, respectful relationships.??
This Onsite Senior Quality Safety & Infection Program Manager position is located onsite at??Washakie Medical Center, Worland, Wyoming 82401. A certification in Quality, Infection Prevention or Patient Safety is preferable. This role is unique in that it is a combined role which allows the individual much insight and influence in the facility and within the related teams.?? It is a great opportunity to function as the facility subject matter expert while at the same time having a lot of support to perform the role. This offers a great deal of autonomy with a terrific balance of support.?? As part of such a large system, standard operating procedures are well-established allowing for great momentum in improving facility performance.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position promotes high reliability in clinical performance and patient safety through assessment, facilitation and prioritization of improvement activities, overseeing performance improvement projects and ensuring successful clinical project implementation at operating entities. This position additionally has oversight and direction of the infection prevention program for all departments throughout a facility or ambulatory setting, including surveillance, infection prevention and control measures, and education for employees. The position works closely with both system and operating entities to improve quality, infection prevention, patient safety and outcomes of clinical care. All work processed by the team member is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1.??Responsible for oversight and assessment of clinical performance data, infection prevention data, and care delivery practices. Collaborates with administrators, physicians, clinical leaders and staff to identify improvement opportunities utilizing quantitative techniques, knowledge of health care operations and systems thinking. Obtains and uses literature, evidence-based practice and benchmark data whenever possible.
2.??Conducts focused surveillance for healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), detects and records HAIs on a systematic and current basis, analyzes HAIs and prepares reports for the Infection Control Committee of the facility or ambulatory setting. Reports communicable diseases as required by regulation.
3.??Improves clinical performance identifies causes of variation, serves as a subject matter expert and supports implementation of systems and processes to facilitate effective clinical practice. Leverages results from clinical performance, infection prevention, peer review, regulatory, patient safety and others to align performance improvement opportunities with system and local teams.
4. Facilitates prioritization of improvement activities with system and entity leadership, based on current risk assessment and performance. Conducts collection, aggregation and analysis of data, i.e. clinical performance, surveillance, etc. Initiates epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infections and single cases of unusual infection. Coordination and dissemination of information to support administrative and clinical decision making. Collaborates with the appropriate process owner(s) to identify opportunities for improvement.
5. Establishes and oversees the development and implementation of annual quality plans with administrative, service line and process owners. Strategizes with entity leadership to plan and coordinate local Quality Councils.
6. Manages and coaches performance improvement activities and oversees projects in collaboration with project leaders and administrators. Serves as a subject matter expert and/or facilitates improvement teams to plan, implement, and coordinate entity activities to maximize clinical and operational outcomes. Participates on improvement teams, guiding teams on system defined improvement methodologies and processes.
7. Reviews and assists with implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines as they relate to infection prevention. Conducts infection prevention education and in-service programs to departments, including orientation for new employees. Conducts construction, renovation, environmental, and infection prevention rounds, ensuring compliance with system policy and national and/or professional standards for a safe environment.
8. Achieves and maintains professional competencies in assessment, performance improvement, surveillance, infection prevention, change/project management, and patient safety. Competency and expertise are obtained through independent study, internal development courses, attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, board certification, and participating in professional organizations. Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert for physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, and other professional and non- professional staff members.
9. Responsibility for Quality Improvement (QI), Infection Prevention (IP) and Patient Safety at a single entity and additionally is involved in system-level IP, QI and patient safety activities. Internal customers include all assigned entity administrators, physicians, staff, volunteers and corporate administrators, leadership team and staff. External customers include public health agencies, general public, accreditation and regulatory organizations, payers, patients and physicians. ??
Requires Bachelor???s degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field.
RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Must have a proficiency level typically attained with five years experience in Quality Management/Performance Improvement. Requires at least two years management experience or demonstrated leadership abilities through successful large scale projects. Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy. Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams. Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, conflict resolution and oral and written presentations. Requires ability to balance and manage multiple projects.
BSN/Master???s degree in nursing or Master???s in other healthcare related field. Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC) training course or equivalent. Certifications: CIC, CPHQ, CPPS or other relevant certifications. Computer skills, research and basic statistical knowledge is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.