The Hospital Laboratory Director provides leadership and directs the training, development and supervision of laboratory personnel; plans and schedules the activities of the laboratory; assumes responsibility for the proper application of policies and procedures; and operates the laboratory on a cost-effective basis. The Hospital Laboratory Director is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all services provided by the laboratories under his/her supervision. This individual actively supports and complies with all company and hospital principles, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
2. Performs management tasks such as: Interviews, employs, terminates, or makes authoritative recommendations with regard to hiring or firing subordinate associates.
>Plans work schedules and assigns work based on availability of personnel, workload and makes adjustments to ensure continuous operations and productivity levels.
>Evaluates employee performance, recommends pay increases, handles grievances and work group performance.
>Coaches and counsel staff to assist in their professional development.
3. Anticipate departmental needs in order to establish both long and short-range goals; provide direction to the employees to ensure implementation of plans and the meeting of goals; and measure compliance in collaboration with administration (Quest Diagnostics and Hospital).
4. Prepare written monthly reports of all laboratory activities and submit to the Director as directed.
5. Establish necessary budgetary controls and maintain costs within budgeting constraints.
6. Support and comply with all Quest Diagnostics and Hospital policies and procedures. Accountable for implementation and employee compliance with policies and procedures.
7. Support quality oversight of Point-of-Care-Testing (POCT) within the hospital.
8. Execute equipment replacement plan and make recommendations to the hospital for purchasing facility related capital
9. Support and participate in the hospital's performance improvement process in an effort to continuously improve the quality of patient care.
10. Investigate and resolve problems; inform Director of all major problems.
11. Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/State inspections; ensure successful inspections and initiate timely remedial action as appropriate. Ensure that the laboratory maintains certification in all testing areas and retains its license.
12. Execute Safety and Infectious Control Procedures to ensure patient, staff, and visitor safety.
13. Promote mutual respect and professionalism throughout the company and hospital.
14. Ensure that client inquiries and problems are handled professionally and expeditiously.
15. Perform other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
Sitting, standing, walking, able to operate motor vehicle.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
MT (ASCP) or equivalent for certification as a general laboratory supervisor under C.L.I.A. 1967. With a proven performance record managing a hospital laboratory, with at least 5 years of management experience. Graduate degree or course work in business administration or related field is highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated leadership and significant management skill in Laboratory Medicine.
Ability to work with hospital and laboratory personnel in meeting the standards for clinical testing with respect to cost, service, and quality.
Ability to lead subordinate staff in the performance of their duties.
Ability to work with the System Laboratory Medical Director
Detailed knowledge of laboratory operations.
Detailed knowledge of and ability to develop laboratory CQI, Quality Management programs.
Detailed knowledge of hospital financial operations as it relates to functioning of clinical laboratories.
Detailed understanding of laboratory and hospital information systems, implementation plans, and interfaces.
Ability to work with and communicate effectively with physicians, hospital and company leadership, staff and customers.
Internal Number: 63263
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our 45,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.