Infection Control Nurse LPN AdventHealth Care Center Apopka North
305 E. Oak St, Apopka, FL 32703
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Apopka North
AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
Infection Control Coordinator will act as facilitator in the Infection Control Committee to accomplish the following:
1. Develop written policies and procedures for the prevention and control of infectious or communicable diseases within the facility;
2. Develop written policies and procedures for techniques and systems for identifying infections within the facility;
3. Assist in the development of the content and scope of the employee health program and disseminating current information on health practices to all employees;
4. Notify appropriate government agencies of contagious or infectious diseases;
5. Review food handling practices, laundry practices, waste disposal, pest control, traffic control, visiting rules for high-risk areas, and sources of airborne infection;
6. Evaluate each task performed within the facility to determine its risk exposure potential to blood and/or body fluids;
What you Will Need:
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse or have obtained a temporary license in the State he/she will be working.
The Infection Control Nurse for the facility has the role of coordinating infection control duties and responsibilities. These duties and responsibilities may be in conjunction with other designated roles, depending on facility size and services. The duties and responsibilities are areas of accountability to the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee. The Infection Control Nurse will coordinate these tasks through the Infection Control Committee. Specific surveillance and reporting systems will be implemented, maintained and presented to the QA & A Committee monthly.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.